At the moment there are two Hindu schools in the United Kingdom.
- (1) Swaminarayan School: details http://www.swaminarayan.brent.sch.uk/
- (2) Krishna Avanti Primary School details: http://www.krishna-avanti.org.uk/
The Hindu Academy has been promoting education in Hinduism through mainstream schools and Colleges details http://www.hinduacademy.org
Information about Hindu Academy
Hindu Academy (previously known as Vivekananda Centre) has been operating in the UK for over 20 years. It is a non-sectarian body and aims to present a broad and comprehensive vision of Hinduism. The aims of the academy are:
- Promoting structured study of Hinduism leading to GCSE, AS and A2 qualifications in Hinduism.
- The academy operates nationally and runs classes in Hinduism at many cities and locations in London.
- It interacts with schools in both the private and public sectors and helps with assemblies, seminars & discussions for sixth forms.
- It also offers Hindu input towards PGCE courses at several British Universities.
- The academy offers a pluralistic vision of religion which sits well with a science oriented (secular & humanist) world-view.
- The academy continues to offer a rational contribution in the media on many contemporary issues relating to Hinduism (like Shambo the bull or Open air cremations).