Approaches to teaching, learning and assessment in religious education
This section provides invaluable summary guidance for teachers in all key stages and in all varieties of schools.
1. Approaches to religious education provides an outline of a number of practical but theoretically informed approaches to the subject as practised in the classroom, but drawing out the implications of these approaches
2. Religious education and spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
3. Written by lead examiners in the subject, the section also contains information for those within the secondary and further education sector guidance on assessment in GCSE and advanced level qualifications in religious studies, and related fields.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES AND REFLECTION
Questions to consider:
- What key issues concerning teaching, learning and assessment in RE are raised in this section?
- How would you facilitate a departmental or school review of RE in the light of some of the issues raised?
- Which of the approaches to teaching, learning and assessment in RE outlined in this section has struck you as the most interesting/creative/challenging?
- How might you adapt or adopt this approach in your own practice?